Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Post Pledge Day Post

Annie,
Thanks for helping to motivate sewing yesterday! I finished the Marcy Tilton Vogue 8559 cardigan and I'm pretty happy with it. Although M did ask if it was supposed to be a serape ?!? I think he was a little confounded by the draped front. All is well now - it was explained.

I used a lightweight black wool doubleknit for the back, to give it some stability. The draped fronts and the sleeves are a black striped mesh knit from Marcy's website; the neck, front and bottom bands are a dotted mesh knit. The stripe is very stretchy and wiggly, not the easiest thing to sew, so I cut my bands a few inches longer than the pattern, to make sure they'd fit if the neckline or front had stretched too much. I also cut them wider than called for, but that was a design decision - I wanted more dots to show! Oh, and I lengthened it by 5 inches. I'm tall! The pattern is very simple and everything fits together nicely. It will be a perfect summer cover-up to keep the icy air conditioning at work off my delicate self.

Because it's so drapy, it's hard to get a good photo of it. I think we'll need to ask Dahlia to model it for us at some point. In the meantime I'll go home and get a mediocre picture to post tomorrow.

OH - thanks for putting up the picture of Special-K. He was so handsome!

xoxox, Sis

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sis, I can hardly wait to see it! It sounds wonderful. And yes K is handsome!