Sunday, May 16, 2010

Argghh!

Well, my machine is back!  Unfortunately, the machine and the embroidered blouse detest one another and I'm caught in the middle.  I finally got the collar band stitched, but the machine drew the line at buttonholes.  I picked the first one out twice.  On the third go, the thread snapped, and then I stuck my finger with a pin and bled all over the collar band.  Soooo...  This blouse is just going to have to wait until I make Other Arrangements.

This morning I started on the striped linen skirt and I am enjoying pure sewing heaven.  The stripes match, the serging went beautifully, and the sewing machine loves it.  Why can't it always be like this?

Views from the sewing room window:





1 comment:

Sis said...

Your yard is so beautiful! I'm impressed. My yard looks like the Hadenhams live there. Sorry to any stray Hadenhams that might see this....