Saturday, June 2, 2012

Easy Ageless Cool

I just realized that I have not posted a picture of Louise Cutting's Easy Ageless Cool campshirt that I finished earlier in the spring.  Sadly it's not easy to photograph without being modelled, but here it is flat on the cutting table.  The fabric is a quilting cotton with kind of a retro mottled print. It was easy to sew, though I think next time I'lI use a different method to miter the corners. I thought LC's instructions were a little confusing. On the other hand the mitering on the vents came out pretty well, though I don't think I'd let LC inspect them.  Also next time I'll make it an inch or two longer. Why didn't I do that this time? It's a standard alteration for me. I did remember to lengthen the sleeves by two inches to accomodate my ape-arms.

I also really like Louise's unique one piece collar construction. It makes everything lie nice and flat with minimal bulk.

No comments: